Ten years. That’s how long I’ve been dumping my brain droppings onto the Interwebs with this here blog.
And through it all, The Blog Formerly Known As SickSenseOfHumor.net has seen its share of cosmetic changes yet one thing remains the same, at least for the most part: the content.
Yes, I started off rather brash with my opinion of local television coverage of wildfires. And for what it’s worth, my opinion of the coverage has not changed. I still find it unnecessary.
I’ve also let it loose on a certain church founder who believed that his church needed more money because attendance was down. Ahem.
Then for a long time, nothing of major significance happened – at least that I can recall off of the top of my head. Well, in 2013 tried to blog each and every day for a solid year and was pretty committed to it…for 75 days at least.
I stopped there and took a little break. In fact, I even “retired” from blogging back in 2009.
It lasted two days.
Then, on a personal note, I decided that studying the way of the Buddha was probably the best thing for me since I won’t and still can’t commit myself to any one Christian belief. I did my best to keep that going and still dabble on occasion but figured that it’s just best to be good to people while you can. Buddhism can get complex if you’re not ready for it.
So as you can see, I’m like a bad penny: I always seem to come back, and I intend to keep it that way.
But enough about me. Let’s go over some blog stats.
- Number of posts: 1,196 including this one. That’s an average of 119.6 every year or the equivalent of blogging around 1/3 of the year.
- Total number of views: 105,583 as of this post. That’s pretty weak.
- Best Day: 1,120 views. There is no link to the post as I deleted it once I felt that I had been duped on the information I was given, and by following links to the message board where my traffic was coming from that day. Let’s just say that it was on that day when I decided to trust my brother a little less on, well, everything he says.
- Facebook followers: 20. Again, pretty lame.
- Other followers and subscribers: 244 via WordPress and some more on Gravatar. I have no idea how to check.
- Total comments: 1,429 and most of them are me replying to people.
So there you go. Ten years of blogging in the books. And yes, I intend to keep it going for however long I think I need to.
And now, if you don’t mind, it’s time to celebrate the only way us old(er) people know how.
Goodnight. I’m heading over to my Barcalounger and catching some zees.