Since 2008 is about to go bye-bye, I thought I’d entertain you with a list of the year’s Top 10 Posts here on Holographic Meatloaf according to my host, WordPress. They tally that sort of stuff.
The total number of hits follows the post, and please note that these numbers were as of the time of this post. Additional comments follow each post.
- Harmonix Announces Rock Band Add-Ons (905): My April Fool’s Day article on forthcoming accessories for Harmonix’s popular game. I thought it was a flop at first but as the year went on I realized it was just the opposite!
- Paging Steve Perry… (348): The first of three Steve Perry-related results. Just a simple write-up about a stop sign I saw.
- iPod Upgrade? (341): While this post’s title may imply that I know something about any potential iPod upgrades, it was actually describing my possible purchase of an iPod Touch. I eventually bought the 8GB model but still use my old 30GB model more to this day!
- Bust A Nut (319): Reminiscing about a strange commercial that was out in the 90s. Apparently, I’m not the only one who remembers it.
- I’ll Stick to Sharpies (279): I describe by complete and utter disappointment in the incompatability of LightScribe and LabelFlash discs (and the extreme scarcity of the latter), and why I chose to abandon both in favor of a permanent marker.
- ZOMG!!! STEVE PERRY!!!11!1 (246): A spoof on where Steve Perry lives. Read this post and you’ll be just as convinced as I am that the dude has a gaggle of stalkers following him whenever he dares venture away from his home on the moon.
- “In Memory Of” Stickers (210): Ah, a classic. I go off about those damned “In Memory Of..” stickers that I despise so much. Check the comments section for a remark by someone who obviously has one on their car.
- Media (199): Not quite sure why this one is so popular. It’s just a page with links to my photos and videos. Do you people like me that much?
- SIRIUS + XM = WTF? (188): My take on the handling of the SIRIUS/XM merger. Most. Comments. Evar!
- The Steve Perry Post (181): The third Steve Perry-related post that’s gotten lots of hits in which I explain why a certain post was deleted. While it’s nothing compared to the post I originally speak of (which got well over 1,000 hits the day it went live), this proves my theory that Steve Perry fans are about as rabid and maniacal as monkeys in a banana factory. In short, freakin’ weirdos. Well, except for those few cool ones who shamelessly admitted to searching for stuff on Perry and left comments in the ZOMG!!! STEVE PERRY!!!11!1 post.
Well, that’s it for 2008. We’ll see how 2009 fares with what I’ve got to say then. Have a happy and safe 2009, people!
Share this post: