Just last week it was 90° and I was in the driveway wearing nothing but a Speedo shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops while washing my car. We even went out and bought Anthony a new Slip-and-Slide knock-off so he could enjoy sloshing around in the water on those hot days.
Then last night it started to rain a little bit, and today it’s cloudy and drizzly. The planes at LAX and Daugherty Field are also taking off in the opposite direction to avoid flying through the cloudy skies.
What’s up with that? I don’t know whether to pack the umbrella or throw on some sunscreen. And if you’re headed out to Dodger Stadium tonight you’d better be prepared to wait if it does start to rain heavily. (The Dodgers are rarely rained-out and have hosted only a handful of double-headers, three of which were played on consecutive days after the 1992 L.A. riots. I was there–at the game vs. the Expos, not rioting, silly.) The grounds crew at the Stadium will wait all night to get the game in if they have to.
I thought I’d try something new here after, oh, nearly four years of blogging.
So, you think you know it all about your dear ol’ friend Dave? Think again, amigo! I’m now giving you, gentle reader, the opportunity to ask me whatever you want.
That’s right, you can ask me anything about music, food, cars…anything you wish. I will choose from the best entries and answer them all (sarcastically) on the blog.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your personal information will not be posted or sold
- Send as many as you wish, all in one e-mail if you prefer
- If you ask advice, my lawyer hereby advises you not to take it seriously as it is all tongue-in-cheek and a really, really poor attempt at humor
- Send missives to holographicmeatloaf_at_yahoo_dot_com with the subject “Q & A Friday”
- Questions must be received by Wednesday, May 28, 2008 and will be answered here on Friday, May 30, 2008
- Submissions become my property and may not be answered
- If your question is chosen, you will not be compensated as the $1 dollar bill I planted 35 years ago has yet to sprout money leaves (but I’ll be sure to post a picture when it does)
So is that enough? Then make ’em good and send ’em in!
Note: I started using Google Reader to keep up with my favorite blogs. It’s very cool!