Last night, Ann slapped me on the knee and reminded me of something I had forgotten about.
“Hey, tomorrow will be one year since your operation!”
Really? Already? Damn.
Yes, if you can believe it or not, it has been one year since I went under the knife to have hernia repair surgery. (Well, technically it will be later tonight.) It was definitely an event I’ll never forget, coming home in an anesthetic stupor and telling Ann that “I don’t know how to” sit down.
And that was just the beginning.
But blah, rather than harp on it all over again, here are some relevant links:
- The Time Has Come, where I reveal what I had been keeping secret for a few posts;
- Ready for Recovery, where you’ll see my bedside collection of things that made recovery easier;
- Today’s the Day, where I describe my feelings about having the surgery;
- Surgery Update, my first post-surgery entry; and
- Not the Way I Intended, where I reveal how I lost a pound the wrong way
By the way, today I feel great. There is still some minor discomfort now and then but nothing compared to the constant pain I endured for years before that. On a side note, it’s now also difficult for me to some of the cartoon character voices I used to do for Anthony. I can’t hit the high and low ranges the way I used to. Dang!
Hernias are a real bitch to deal with and if you even suspect you have one, get examined ASAP because if you turn out to be a dumbass like me and let it go too long, it can get worse. It may become incarcerated or strangulated which can kill some vital tissues–and you, if you’re not careful.
So don’t be a dumbass! Get it taken care of! About the only thing you’ll regret is not getting the surgery done sooner because you’ll have your life back and feel fantastic.